Friday, March 16, 2007

New Life

Life here in the desert has not been easy, but this marks the beginning of a new life for me. After 27 years in a bad marriage, I finally got a divorce. We tried to make it work but it was destined to fail. I resigned from my network radio position at the end of 2006 and for three months struggled to find the place where God wanted me. I moved up to Mesa, AZ to be near a beautiful young woman who has been my source of encouragement during these dark and troubling days.

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."
Psalm 119:105

This has been a time of humility and total dependence on God. He provided light in the darkness and joy in the midst of my pain. He finally supplied me with a position as an online news writer/editor for Metro NewsSource, which is owned by Westwood One. He also brought Sweet A'Lisa into my life. She is my perfect complement! We recently got married and are enjoying our new life together. She is like this beautiful cactus flower pictured here, a true rose among life's thorns. Next month we will spend a week in St. Croix for our honeymoon. What a wonderful thing to love someone who really loves me!

Music has been like salve to my wounds. I have the privilege of playing drums with the worship band at church and playing on Friday nights for Celebrate Recovery at another local church. God has allowed me to be broken, so that he could heal me. He brought me to the point of humility, so that He could raise me up. Through it all he has provided for me in miraculous ways.

"For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning."
Psalm 30:5

No comments: