Sunday, December 07, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude

I want to continue my thread of thankfulness...today being thankful to God. We have a 20 year old son who lives in Boise, he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 9 years old. Not maintaining strict control of his blood sugar landed him in CCU at the hospital for 3 days last week. They finally got his blood glucose levels under control and sent him home Friday. I wanted to send my wife to visit him but our finances are tight.

Last night at the Christmas party our manager handed out bonus checks. This was totally unexpected. My bonus was the equivalent of two weeks pay! He told me in private that since I've only been here 7 months that normally I would only receive half that amount. But since he and the board appreciated the fine work that I do, they decided to give me the whole amount! God is good! Now A'Lisa can spend the week with Alex in Boise. What a tremendous blessing!

Concerning the party, I was tempted by the cheesecake (my favorite dessert) but did not indulge. I just enjoyed the prime rib, salmon piccata, vegetables and salad. One local pastor's wife has been asking about the low carb lifestyle, so I sent her some low carb links on Friday. I noticed that even she avoided the sweets last night. I love the "paying it forward" concept!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Former Donut Junkie said...

Moon, one of the great things about the Kingdom of God is how we are blessed to be a blessing. I'm glad for you that your wife got to make the trip.

We have a lot of similarities, and one of them is my love for cheesecake. I haven't had any this entire year that I can remember. And now I'm planning on joining you on the "Sweet Free Challenge", so looks like it'll be a while longer. I'm still undecided whether I'll make one for Christmas. Anyhow, you're doing great...keep up the good work. Ron, aka The Former Donut Junkie.

moonius said...

Hey Ron, God is awesome and I’m thankful for His provision. I’m also grateful for my wife and glad that she can spend a few days with our son and help him get things together. I’ll miss her this week but know she’ll be relieved having spent some time with Alex.

Glad to see you're trying to eliminate the sweets. I plan to have something on Christmas and then get right back on the wagon! It's making a huge difference in my weight loss progress!