Monday, December 01, 2008

Back to the Routine

Well, I had a busy weekend. We spent Thanksgiving with some good friends. Friday morning I came to the radio station to record my shows, in the afternoon spent about 3 hours practicing for the Down Home Christmas Concert and then performed Friday night. Saturday we slept in, did some shopping in the afternoon, and had a quiet evening at home. Sunday I preached at two local churches, then we were invited out to lunch and spent the remainder of the day decorating our home for Christmas and playing games.

What I noticed this weekend is that being out of my routine, I tended to eat more than usual, however I still ate low carb. Now it's Monday and I know from experience that it's much easier to follow my routine when I'm working. Today I'll get back to tracking all my food on fitday and make sure I'm getting balanced meals.

This month I'll be joining the staff at my church as Associate Pastor. I'll still be working at the radio station and work at the church part time. We'll be moving to Plains, which is about 15 miles away, into a house provided by the church. The house will be part of my monthly remuneration. Suffice it to say, I will get plenty of exercise working on the new house. We want to paint and remodel before moving in. We'll actually move some time in January. That's what's happening in my world, should be an interesting month!

No comments: